YTM Capital Asset Management Ltd. (“YTM Capital”), based in Oakville, Ontario, Canada, is an independent, privately-owned investment fund manager, portfolio manager, and exempt market dealer. YTM Capital is a member of the Alternative Investment Management Association - Canada National Group and of the Canadian Association of Alternative Strategies & Assets. This website is © 2021 YTM Capital Asset Management Ltd. All rights reserved.
Facts and information provided on this website are believed to be accurate at the time they are posted. This website could include errors or out-of-date information. Changes may be made at any time to fund and other data without prior notice. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future returns.
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees, performance fees, and expenses all may be associated with YTM Fund investments. Please read YTM Capital Fixed Income Alternative Fund’s prospectus and Fund Facts or the offering memorandum for either of YTM Capital Credit Opportunities Fund or YTM Capital Mortgage Income Fund and speak to your investment advisor before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. There is no guarantee that YTM will be able to achieve the stated target returns for any of its funds.
Nothing on this website constitutes a solicitation or offer by YTM Capital to sell securities. Fund securities are only available pursuant to complete Fund documentation and in accordance with applicable securities laws. The information on this website is intended for use solely by persons resident in Canadian jurisdictions where YTM Capital operates. Any products or services mentioned on this website are made available only in accordance with local law. This communication does not constitute an offer or solicitation by anyone in the United States or any other jurisdiction in which such an offer or solicitation is not authorized to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such an offer or solicitation.
* The Canadian HF (Hedge Fund) Awards are administered by Alternative IQ. The awards are based on an objective, quantitative measure of a fund's historical performance relative to other funds in its category. Awards are given to the top three funds in each category. Of the 33 Credit Focused funds considered, YTM Capital Credit Opportunities Fund earned an HF award for the 3rd highest return for the year ending June 30, 2016. Of the 27 Credit Focused funds considered, the Fund earned an HF award for the 3rd highest Sharpe ratio for the 3 years ending June 30, 2019. Of the 18 funds considered, the Fund earned an HF award for the 2nd highest Sharpe ratio and 2nd highest return for the 5 years ending June 30, 2020.
YTM Capital understands how important it is to investors that we protect the privacy, integrity, security and confidentiality of the personal information that has been entrusted to us. As part of our commitment to you, we have established policies regarding the collection, use, disclosure and protection of your personal information. In this policy we outline what information we have, why we need it and how it is used, shared and protected. We also describe your rights with respect to your own privacy.
What personal information does YTM Capital have and why do we need it?
Personal information refers to information that identifies you. It is primarily collected when you first establish your relationship with YTM Capital or as circumstances change over time. For a personal account this information would include your name, address, contact information, date of birth, occupation, marital status, social insurance number, current financial position, investment experience, risk tolerance and intended use of your account. We are also required to directly examine certain government issued identification to assist in addressing anti-money laundering requirements. For corporate, trust, estate and other non-personal accounts we will need to obtain personal information about all persons authorized to provide directions and for all beneficial owners.
We need your personal information in order to establish your identity, meet regulatory requirements and protect you and us from error and fraud. Most importantly, this information assists us in being able to provide you with the best possible service.
How does YTM Capital obtain your personal information?
Personal information is received directly from you or from your investment advisor with your consent. You always have the option of not providing the personal information that is requested, however, YTM Capital may not be able to open or maintain your account or provide services to you.
How is your personal information used?
Your personal information is used to identify you, establish and administer your accounts, execute transactions and to provide you, or your authorized representative, with account statements, tax receipts and any other information that may be requested or needed to service your account. Your information is also used in our internal business operations and is necessary in fulfilling our legal and regulatory requirements.
When is your personal information shared?
There are limited circumstances where YTM Capital may share your information with others including:
- Third party service providers that YTM Capital hires to perform services on your behalf. We provide them with a limited amount of information in order that they may provide services including record keeping, document storage, and statement preparation and distribution. They are prohibited from using the information provided for any other purposes other than to carry out the specific service they have been engaged to provide and they are not permitted to disclose this information to others.
- Your financial advisors, only where we have your consent to do so.
- Government agencies that regulate YTM Capital such as securities regulators and the Canada Revenue Agency.
- As permitted or required by law, YTM Capital is compelled by law to disclose personal information in response to a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, valid demand, search warrant or other legally valid request or enquiry. We may also disclose information to our accountants, auditors, agents and lawyers in connection with the enforcement or protection of our legal rights.
Where is your personal information kept and for how long?
Your personal information may be kept in electronic or paper format at the offices of YTM Capital or its third-party service providers. Your information may also be kept in secure off-site storage facilities. Record retention laws and industry rules provide that we must keep and update all personal information for as long as an account is open and a service is provided to a client. We are also required to retain information for as long as legally necessary after a relationship ends in order to respond to any issue that may arise at a later date.
How is your information protected?
Client confidentiality and privacy is fundamental to YTM Capital. All employees are required to maintain client confidentiality and to regularly certify in writing that they will comply with these high standards. Policies, procedures, guidelines and safeguards have been put in place to ensure your personal information is protected. Our employees and service providers have access to your information to enable them to perform their duties in servicing you. YTM Capital maintains the highest standards of information security in order to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information. Most of your personal information is in the form of account documentation and transaction records which are both protected by physical locks, computer passwords and by limiting access to only those that need it to service your needs.
What privacy rights do you have?
Upon request, we will provide you with access to your personal information. In addition, we may provide you with a list of third parties to whom your information was provided. YTM Capital encourages you to review any information received from us or our service providers on a regular basis and to contact us to correct inaccurate, incomplete or outdated information. You may withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information by notifying YTM Capital in writing of your intention to do so. Legal and other requirements may prevent you from withdrawing consent. Also, your decision to withdraw consent may mean that YTM Capital is no longer able to open or maintain your account or provide any services.
YTM Capital Asset Management Ltd.
295 Robinson Street, Suite 202
Oakville, ON L6J 1G7